The world’s first smart cycling helmet with an integrated heart rate sensor, allowing real time, accurate, hassle-free heart-rate monitoringwithout using a chest strap!
The SMART platform is lightweight and incorporates a microprocessor integrated with LifeBEAM’s advanced algorithm, a state-of-the-art optical physiological sensor, accelerometer, and full wireless communication capabilities.
The SMART Solution
We integrated our unique sensor & algorithms, originally developed for fighter pilots & astronauts, into the Lazer’s GENESIS helmet resulting in the SMART – a cycling helmet that provides highly accurate, real time measurements of heart rate under normal as well as extreme physiological conditions without the problems inherent to chest straps.
The information gathered by the SMART appears in real time on your mobile phone, sport watch or cycling computer via ANT+ or Bluetooth. Our sensing technology was built for intense activities in extreme environments and demonstrated highly accurate results compared to the most reliable ECG chest belts in market. It is, therefore, suitable for high performance athletes in any cycling environment.
Cyclists who want to monitor and improve their performance cannot ignore their heart rate. Personal heart-rate provides a window to individual’s overall fitness. Heart rate is commonly monitored using chest straps. Fitness watches, cycling computers & smartphones – all provide a platform that can communicate with a chest strap and display heart rate.
But what if you hate wearing that strap around your chest for hours? Straps can chafe, irritate, lose contact and migrate. We now offer the perfect solution – the SMART.
What do you get with SMART?
The SMART will arrive to you ready-to-use with no assembly required.
The systems includes:
- Lazer Sport GENESIS helmet integrated with LifeBEAM sensing technology
- LifeBEAM’s physiological sensor & processing unit:
- Integrated 3-axis accelerometer
- Bluetooth 4.0 or ANT+ Wireless Communication capabilities
- Rechargeable Lithium battery – at least 15 hours of continuous usage
- Weight: 50 grams (0.132 lbs.)
Specs – 2015 model
- Sensors: Optical heart-rate sensor & 3-axis accelerometer
- Helmet Weight:
- Medium ~280g
- Large ~300g
- Computer and Sensor Weight: 40g (0.08 Ibs)
- Max. readable heart rate: 220 BPM
- Min. readable heart rate: 30 BPM
- Operating temp: -5°C to 45°C (23°F to 113°F)
- Water Resistance: All weather compatibility
- Battery Type: Rechargeable 170mAh lithium polymer
- Battery Life: 15 working hours
- Communication modules: ANT+™ and Bluetooth low energy (BLE)
- CE or CPSC safety certifications
- Fit: Medium or Large size options – both include Rollsys Retention System
- Authentication: The latest model has a redesigned gray electronic brain unit (not white)
Check out more on life-beam.com