To develop the bike, Audi joined forces with Lightweight, a German company that makes some of the most elite carbon racing wheels in the world. This pairing allowed them to use their combined knowledge in the realm of manufacturing carbon racing components, both for bicycles and sports cars.
The result is a racing bike weighing in at just 5.8 kg (12.8 lb) thanks to an ultra light, yet high rigidity, carbon frame weighing just 790 g (1.7 lb), coupled with carbon racing handlebars, forks, seatpost and bottle cage. The use of lightweight materials extends to the wheels and even the handlebar tape.
Also on board are a Dura Ace Di2 digital shifting system, Dura Ace brakes and Dura Ace PD-9000 pedals from Shimano, and a Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio saddle outfitted in an Audi Sport covering made from Audi R8 fine nappa leather that’s likely to make Audi auto drivers feel at home.
The Audi Sport Racing Bike comes in frame heights of 48, 51, 54, 56 and 58 cm and is available through the carmaker’s Audi “Collection” shop that offers high-end clothing, accessories, collectibles, and now, a €17,500 (US$19,450) road bike.
Don’t expect to see too many of these high-priced racers on the roads, though, as Audi only plans to offer a total of 50 units worldwide.
- Audi bike with racing genes
- Ultra light carbon frame with high rigidity
- Frame and forks in exclusive Audi Sport design
- Lightweight wheels and accessory components
- Selle Italia carbon saddle with Audi Sport covering in Fine Nappa leather from R8 Production
- Wide range of application: flatland, high mountains and racetrack
- Developed in collaboration with Lightweight
- Limited edition of 50 models
More on shops.audi.com