The Honda VT1300CX is a true original – a chopper that’s visually daring and great fun to ride; yet with the same functionality, quality and reliability you would expect from any Honda. Its raked-out styling, based round a high-mount steering head, long, slim fuel tank and ultra-low seat grabs attention from every angle. Clean lines and curves and an extreme attention to detail create a chopper with the distinct air of a full-on hand-built custom bike, but one that can be owned and maintained for a fraction of the cost.
The soul of the VT1300CX is its 1312cc liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin engine. It features a single-pin crankshaft, dual balancers and a Programmed Fuel Injection system. It produces satisfying performance and a truly impressive V-twin sound and feel. Fuel consumption is low and, with a clean, reliable, maintenance-free shaft drive, owners can be sure of spending more time on the road and less in the garage.
A single, powerful 336mm front disc brake is complemented by a 296mm disc brake at the back, providing smooth, powerful braking. An advanced Combined Antilock Brake System is also available as an option, providing the ultimate in stopping confidence. Comfort is also far beyond the norm for a chopper. The lines of what looks like a rigid hard-tail rear end are deceptively sleek, concealing an ingenious rear suspension system with adjustable rebound damping and 35-position spring preload adjustment.
- 1312cc V-twin engine with single-pin crankshaft, dual balancers and a Programmed Fuel Injection system produces satisfying performance and an impressive sound.
- Distinctive alloy wheels and fat 200mm rear tyre paired with slim 90mm front tyre create a strong visual impact.
- 336mm front disc brake and 296mm rear disc brake provide smooth, powerful braking.
- Optional Combined Antilock Braking System, specially tailored to fit the motorcycle’s minimalistic styling, provides the ultimate in secure and confident braking.
- Exaggerated rake and stretched 1,805mm wheelbase give a soft ride as well as a characteristic look.
- Hard-tail rear end appearance conceals a highly efficient single shock rear suspension system with an aluminium swingarm, adjustable rebound damping and 35-position spring preload adjustment.
- Prominent chrome headlight and LED tail-light complement the simple and elegant styling lines.
- Graphite Black NEW
A range of optional extras is available from Honda Access. These have been designed specially for the VT1300CX, to enhance its styling and comfort. They include:
- A chrome backrest
- A backrest pad
- A boulevard windscreen
- Colour-matched front spoilers
- A chrome rear fender panel
- An outdoor motorcycle cover
Specifications – VT1300CX (ED-type)
- Type: Liquid-cooled SOHC 52° V-twin
- Displacement: 1,312cc
- Bore ´ Stroke: 89.5 ´ 104.3mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.2 : 1
- Max. Power Output: 42.5Kw/4,250min-1 (95/1/EC)
- Max. Torque:107Nm/2,250min-1 (95/1/EC)
- Idling Speed: 900min-1
- Oil Capacity: 4.3 litres
- Carburation: PGM-FI with automatic enricher circuit
- Throttle Bore: 38mm
- Aircleaner: Viscous, cartridge-type mesh net filter
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 12.8 litres
- Fuel Consumption: 20.3 km/l (WMTC Mode**)
- Ignition System: Digital with 3-dimensional mapping, 2 sparks per cylinder
- Ignition Timing: 8° BTDC (idle) ~ 57.7° BTDC (5,250min-1)
- Sparkplug Type: DCPR6E (NGK); XU20EPR-U (DENSO)
- Starter: Electric
- BatteryCapacity: 12V/11.2AH
- ACG Output: 381W
- Headlights: 12V, 55W x 1 (low) / 60W x 1 (high)
- Clutch Type: Wet, multiplate with coil spring
- Transmission Type: 5-speed
- Primary Reduction: 1.76
- Final Reduction: 2.66
- Final Drive: FRAME
- Type: Double-cradle; steel
- 1 – 1.9
- 2 – 1.23
- 3 – 0.91
- 4 – 0.76
- 5 – 0.68
- Dimensions: (L´W´H) 2,575 ´ 900 ´ 1,150mm
- Wheelbase: 1,805mm
- Caster Angle: 32°
- Trail: 90mm
- Turning Radius: 4.1m
- Seat Height: 678mm
- Ground Clearance: 126mm
- Kerb Weight: 303kg
- Max. Carrying Capacity: 160kg
- Loaded Weight: 463kg (*469kg)
- Type: Front 45mm telescopic fork with 130mm stroke and 102.4mm axle travel
- Rear Monoshock with adjustable rebound damping and 35-position spring preload adjustability, 95mm axle travel
- Front 9-spoke cast aluminium
- Rear 7-spoke cast aluminium
- Front 21M/C ´ MT2.15
- Rear 18M/C ´ MT6.25
- Front 90/90-R21M/C
- Rear 200/50-R18M/C
- Front 225kPa
- Rear 280kPa (with passenger: 280kPa)
- Front: 336mm single disc with twin-piston caliper (*Combined 3-piston caliper and ABS)
- Rear: 296mm disc with single-piston caliper (*Combined twin piston and ABS)
* C-ABS version